Medical Marijuana: Is It Safe?
lization of marijuana in Colorado, we wanted to share a few of our thoughts on marijuana use:
- Multiple studies show that marijuana use impairs overall cognition (the ability to learn and retain information). This is especially true in the younger population – under the age of 25, as the brain is still maturing.
- One study found an average loss of 8 IQ points in chronic users.
- The impact of marijuana use can impact the brain for months, years and permanently, depending on use.
- Marijuana can cause erectile dysfunction, as can smoking cigarettes. This can be permanent.
- Multiple studies show marijuana use delays the emptying of the stomach. We do not recommend the use of marijuana in gastroparesis patients.
Even though marijuana use is now legal, it doesn’t mean it’s a good decision for your overall health. Just because it is legal does not make it safe.